Sunday, September 28, 2008

CVNP - Do we love hills or what!!

Wow... Do we love hills or what!!?? Man, I can't even imagine running the CVNP course, you ALL are my heroes! It seemed like 4.9 kilometers of all up hill! For the difficulty of that course, you all did wonderful! With Abbie out 38.5 seconds from the second place girl and Meredith setting an all new PR. Way to go team.

I tell you one thing, when I watched you all finish down that hill, I could see ALL of you reaching deep down inside and pulling it from the gut. That's the way to do it.

I will tell you one other thing. I saw a friend of mine out there who's son runs for Lake Catholic (Go Cougars... sorry, I graduated from there). He said they were totally unprepared for the amount and difficulty of the hills that CVNP has. He also commented about Perry and how strong they looked. You know what? You need to thank your coaches for that. They train you hard, and I am sure there are time you resent Mr Sarvis or Mr Thomas for making you do hill repeats, and all of that stuff, but it makes you all the more better. Anyone can run on a flat piece of land. It takes a special team to train on insane hills and grow from it.

Also, please take a look at the web site. On the right hand side I have a poll asking for what song you want to see for the legends meet. I will take the number 1 song that wins (and maybe the number 2 song if I need an extra one). If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way.

Next up, the Legends meet. From what I understand, this is a flat course, but that doesn't mean to let up on the intensity of your training.

Running.
No timeouts, no substitutions,
no excuses. The only real sport!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again Mr & Mrs Nelson, nicely done. This is so cool that you do this for us every week. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing this for the team. We all watch it and love it!

Anonymous said...

this is so cool. ty ty ty. i wish my mom and dad would come to all my meets like you do for ally, nick and bj and for all of us. thank you so much for your team spirit.

John said...

Hey gang, thank you so much for the comments, it means a lot to Mrs Nels and myself. If you post something, please include your name even if you post with the anonymous button below.

Thanks,

Mr Nelson

Brien Croff said...

I LOVE HILLS!!!